Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013 the week of romance...or not

I had every intention of loosing myself in a ton of romance books this week - I got a stack sitting here and a bunch downloaded to my Kindle, but got derailed by sickness (flu maybe?) I did get some reading in before I got sick.

I finished The Way They Were by Mary Campisi early in the week. I give it 3 stars. It started out with a lot of potential. I totally enjoyed the premise of the book and the start. Part way through it became too predictable - and unreasonable. There was so many different ways the story could have been better, so may ways the characters could have been developed better. It was an average book.

Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1) by Carolyn Zane was the winner of the week I gave it 4 starts - because it made me cry too much. A tornado rips through town, a baby born in the aftermath, death, rebuilding and moving on. This one has a little bit of everything life can throw at you. And while some of the story was predictable and you could see it coming, the writing was excellent and made you feel what the characters were going through. I recommend this one to almost anyone - romance, general, christian - it has something for everyone.

The last book I finished this week was Virtually Mine: a Love Story by Susan Rohrer and rated it 3 stars. It was an OK book. While it was well written, the plot line was generic and predictable. Characters needed to be fleshed out some more, but an OK romance for a quick light read.

I am going to work on that stack of romance books sitting here now. A week of romance just past Valentine's Day.

Happy Reading! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment